This charcoal is honestly magical! It's the perfect natural way to filter your water and when it's finished it can go in your compost!
It may seem a little strange to purify your water with charcoal but is an active carbon made from tree branches and is renowned for its ability to soften water, add good minerals and absorb unwanted tastes and odours, such as chlorine.
- Reusable, then compostable and zero waste
- Suitable for a 2 litres jug of water
- A pack of 8 packed in a reusable natural cotton bag
BEFORE YOU COMPOST
After 2 months of use use you can then use the filters around your home before you put in the compost bin...
- Use in mouldy kitchen and bathroom corners
- Place in the fridge to keep produce fresh
- Remove smells from your fridge or bathroom
- Can also be used to help remove moisture from damp areas
HOW TO USE
Use approx: 1 litre jug = 3 - 4 pieces; 2 litre jug = 6 - 8 pieces
- Wash in running water to remove powder (do not use detergent).
- Boil for 10 mins in a pan of water to sterilise & allow to cool and dry.
- Place in a jug and fill with tap water (charcoal may float when new but it will tend to sink after a week or so of use).
- Leave for 8 hours or more for best results. You can leave it in the fridge to chill if you like. It's then ready to drink.
- Re-sterilise once a week by repeating step 2.
- Replace with new charcoal after 2 months approx.
Bamboo Charcoal Water Filters 4 Pack - Eco Living
Ever since I found out about all of the chemicals in tap water I have filtered my water before drinking.
I currently use Brita filters that are wrapped in plastic and the body of the filter is also plastic. These can be sent back to Brita but you still have the plastic waste of the wrapper and the filter itself is still made of plastic so one day it will end up in landfill. Not only that they only last 1 month!
So by switching to charcoal filters that can be put in your compost when you're done means that a lot of plastic waste is saved, and it's a natural purifier!