**Please note that due to the coronavirus it may take up to two weeks for this item to be shipped!**
I am obsessed with The Big Bean Bag Company for SO many reasons but they are the first eco friendly bean bag out there! Lucy and David created an eco friendly bag after seeing my Plastic Free July campaign and that means the world to me to know Plastic Freedom has helped create more eco products in the world! Read all about The Big Bean Bag company here!
If you order one of the bean bags from my site they will be shipped separately to the rest of your order as The Big Bean Bag Company will be sending your bag direct from themselves - don't worry it will be sent in a box with no plastic packaging! This means I will have to share your email address and delivery address with them so they can send you tracking information. If you have any problems with this please email me and I will happily answer any questions!
ABOUT THE BEAN CUSHION
This earth inspired Bean Cushion will bring a natural feel to your living space. Filled with the amazing biopolymer compostable filling it moulds to your body morethan your average cushion, it's super comfy and will make you sink away into relaxation!
The bean cushion is sewn together with quality threads made from recycled plastic bottles for a strong finish. This product ties in with all the other Big Bean Bag products so you can co-ordinate your interior!
A contrast colour fabric on the back of the cushion matches our stitching. An extra strong matching zip on the centre back seam allows you to remove cover with ease. Pair with any of our other bean products to create a more mindful eco friendly living space. It’s a great chill out perch if you want to take 5 minutes to relax.
- The inner bag is made from a sturdy fire-retardant calico which contains our compostable natural filling – no Styrofoam here.
- The outer bag features 100% cotton fabrics which are tightly weaved.
- The thread we use is manufactured using repurposed plastic bottles.
- We are proud to say our Products are all designed and manufactured in the United Kingdom.
- 90cm high x 85cm diameter
- This bean bag features a raised back which provides additional back support.
- There is a delicately piped edge and a contrasting colour top stitch for a more defined tailored finish.
- The outer bag features a hard-wearing auto lock zip and can be removed and washed so you can keep your bean bag looking as good as new.
- Our Bean Bag comes pre-filled, so you don’t have to worry about the mess, just remove from the box and sit down for instant relaxation
- Two safety lock zips prevents child’s access to filling but allows you to remove cover for cleaning
- Outer bag 100% natural meaning no nasty chemicals against the skin
- Detailed piped cotton edge
- Contrast coloured top stitch for a tailored look
- Top stitched seams for a more durable finish
- All thread used is made from recycled plastic bottles
- Fire retardant interlining tested to the latest standard
- Light weight and easy to move
- Durable and hard wearing
- Outer cover can be removed and washed
- Two inner ties to allow you to fit the outer cover over the lining with ease
Bean Cushion - The Big Bean Bag Company
Our bean bags are a world first. They are filled with BioFoam® beads, a compostable biopolymer made from plants, that is child and pet friendly, doesn’t harm the environment and keeps its shape, ensuring our bean bags are incredibly comfortable.
Unlike most other bean bag companies, our bean bags aren’t filled with harmful styrofoam beads. Most of these plastics end up in landfill or the ocean, taking hundreds of years to break down. Styrofoam ends up floating on the water and being ingested by wildlife. It has to stop.
We’re working hard to make sure all our products have minimal impact on the environment. We use threads manufactured from recycled plastic bottles, and all the materials we use in our bean bags, stools and cushions can be re-purposed or recycled."
For any light stains on the outer cover, you can spot clean with a damp cloth and leave to dry. More stubborn stains will require you to remove the outer cover. Use the safety pin supplied with the product to go through your zipper pull to open the zips auto lock and remove once closed. Because our products are made from natural fabrics you must dry clean only.
We advise to keep fabrics away from direct sunlight to avoid natural bleaching of colours
Once you’ve finished sitting on the product it is good to pick up your Bean Bag and lightly shake so filling and fabrics return to there original shape
As our outer cover is made from 100% cotton some bobbling will occur due to the natural fibres, this is normal. Use a lint remover over the worst areas to remove the fluff. This will cause no harm to the product but will have it looking as good as new.
As we use top quality weaved fabrics any loose threads should be cut and not pulled as this will damage the product