I often find plastic-free items to stock based on what I look for myself and when trying to find a brand that creates great quality supplements that are made in the UK, have vegetarian casing AND are plastic-free I had some pretty high criteria to tick off.
That's when I came across Wild Nutrition and their range of products are next level amazing and excel in all of these areas with their supplements coming in glass jars without a plastic seal and their aim is to have totally compostable packaging by 2020 - how good is that!
I am now stocking their range of FOOD-GROWN® supplements that pack in all the good stuff without the nasties that can be found in other brands.
FOOD-GROWN PREGNANCY TABLETS
A unique complex of Food-Grown® vitamins and minerals formulated for the entire pregnancy and for breastfeeding women. Providing the required 400ug of folic acid as natural Food-Grown® folate which contributes to the healthy growth of your baby and the reduction of tiredness and fatigue.
Synergistic nutrients including Vitamin D, Iron and Vitamin B12 to support energy, the immune system and the changes stages of development (cell division, DNA synthesis, baby's bones) during pregnancy as well as supporting your health as the pregnant mother.
- Zinc which contributes to normal cell division and DNA synthesis
- Vitamin B3 for the reduction of tiredness and fatigue
- Chromium which contributes to the normal metabolism of fats, carbohydrates and proteins and the maintenance of normal blood glucose levels.
- Vitamin B12, Iron, Magnesium, Selenium and Vitamin D to contribute to healthy cell division, provide protection against cell damage and support immune health.
- Food-Grown® Pregnancy includes the Department of Health’s recommended dose of 400µg of Folic Acid (providing naturally occurring Folate), which contributes to maternal tissue growth during pregnancy.
- Size: 90 Capsules (1 month supply)
- Dosage: 3 capsules per day (Capsules can be opened and added to any cold food or drinks)
- No artificial flavourings
- No artificial colours
- No artificial preservatives
- Food-Grown® Nutrients
- Non-GMO certified
WHY IS FOOD-GROWN® DIFFERENT?
Synthetic mega-doses of a specific vitamin that hit your gut in one go will always struggle to be absorbed in their entirety whereas FOOD-GROWN® supplements pass into your system with greater ease. You get the same benefits without the need for the brute force of 100mg of chemically isolated Riboflavin. For example, one study showed that FOOD-GROWN vitamin C was 1210% more bioavailable than isolated ascorbic acid*
Over 50 independent studies support our claims and many influential experts and practitioners place FOOD-GROWN® supplements as the most effective product of its kind. Then there are our customers and the clients of nutritional therapists who use our products because they feel and recognise the difference that FOOD-GROWN® supplements make to their health.
Food-Grown® Pregnancy - Wild Nutrition
"We are the UK’s original maker of FOOD-GROWN® supplements and we're convinced that our approach to supplementation - that places greater emphasis on how nutrients are delivered into your system - is the best. While the market is flooded with high-dosage tablets of compacted white powders, FOOD-GROWN® supplements are made using a unique process in which we add and grow essential nutrients in real, raw food - which means that your body absorbs the nutrients just as they would a piece of fruit or vegetable."
- Ingredients: Lithothamnium (red algae) powder (providing Calcium), Seawater (providing Magnesium), Nutrient-enhanced Yeast (providing Iron, Selenium, Folic acid (as naturally occuring Folate), Boron, Niacinamide, CoEnzyme Q10, Inositol, Choline, Manganese, Riboflavin, GTF Chromium, Biotin, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B12, Molybdenum, Thiamin, Iodine, Vitamin K1, Vitamin D3, Vegetable cellulose (capsule shell), Mineral-enhanced Lactobacillus Bulgaricus (providing: Zinc, Pantothenic acid, Copper), Vitamin C incorporated into citrus pulp, Carrot preparation (providing Beta-Carotene), Yellow pea (providing Vitamin E), Alpha Lipoic acid.
- Free from: Excipients, wheat, soya, gluten containing ingredients, artificial colours, added sugars, flavourings & preservatives. Contains no live yeast at time of manufacture.
- Cautionary advice: If you are pregnant, breastfeeding, taking medication or under medical supervision, please consult your healthcare practitioner before taking any food supplement. We advise taking your supplements a minimum of 2 hours from the time of taking any medication. Store in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight. Keep out of reach of children. Food supplements are not to be used as a substitute for a varied, balanced diet and healthy lifestyle.