I often find plastic-free items to stock based on what I look for myself and when trying to find a brand that creates great quality supplements that are made in the UK, have vegetarian casing AND are plastic-free I had some pretty high criteria to tick off.
That's when I came across Wild Nutrition and their range of products are next level amazing and excel in all of these areas with their supplements coming in glass jars without a plastic seal and their aim is to have totally compostable packaging by 2020 - how good is that!
I am now stocking their range of FOOD-GROWN® supplements that pack in all the good stuff without the nasties that can be found in other brands.
FOOD-GROWN VITAMIN D
Providing 25µg (1000iu) of 'active form' Food-Grown® Vitamin D3 for all the family. For bones and teeth, muscle function, the immune system and to increase calcium absorption. Though amounts found in a multi or similar may provide good basic levels, for certain individuals and at certain times of the year extra supplementation is required. Extra supplementation is required for adults and children in the darker months.
- Public health advice recommends supplementation for all during autumn and winter
- 'At risk' groups (see description below) are advised to supplement all year round
- For a 'sunnier disposition' in the darker months
- For strong bones, teeth and blood calcium levels
- For healthy immunity
Our Food–Grown® Vitamin D provides a high strength of 1000iu which is highly absorbable, biologically active (not storage) form of vitamin D3. This naturally includes all forms of vitamin D, including vitamin D3, D2 and D1. High absorption and retention in the body reduces the need for high dosing long term. Public health advice recommends supplementation for all during autumn and winter, and for certain individuals or 'at risk' groups - during spring and summer too.
The Department of Health recommends:
- Everyone over the age of four should take 10 micrograms (400iu) of vitamin D every day, particularly from October to March.
- All pregnant, breastfeeding women and at-risk groups (such as people from ethnic minority groups with dark skin, elderly people in care homes and those who wear clothing that covers most the skin) should take a daily supplement containing 10 micrograms (400iu) of vitamin D. However, consider that many people in the UK do not get good access to consistent sunlight due to work (offices) and 'typical British' summer weather (cloudy days and rain).
- All babies from birth up to one year of age should take 8.5 to 10 micrograms (340iu to 400iu) of vitamin D per day (particularly those being breastfed).
- Babies fed infant formula will not need vitamin drops until they are receiving less than 500ml (about a pint) of infant formula a day, as these products are fortified with vitamin D.
- Children between the age of one and four should take 10 micrograms of vitamin D supplements all year round.
- People aged 65 years and over and people not exposed to much sun should also take a daily supplement containing 10 micrograms (400iu) of vitamin D.
It's important to comprehend that more than 400 iu (10ug) may be safely taken by adults - since recommendations are to make sure people meet minimum requirements. Individual requirements will of course vary and some may need more than 400iu (10ug), especially if your levels are low. You should always check with a qualified nutritionist / nutritional therapist if you are unsure what dose to take.
- Size: 30 Capsules (1 month supply)
- Dosage: 1 capsule per day with or without food.Can be increased as required.
- No artificial flavourings
- No artificial colours
- No artificial preservatives
- Food-Grown® Nutrients
- Non-GMO certified
WHY IS FOOD-GROWN® DIFFERENT?
Synthetic mega-doses of a specific vitamin that hit your gut in one go will always struggle to be absorbed in their entirety whereas FOOD-GROWN® supplements pass into your system with greater ease. You get the same benefits without the need for the brute force of 100mg of chemically isolated Riboflavin. For example, one study showed that FOOD-GROWN vitamin C was 1210% more bioavailable than isolated ascorbic acid*
Over 50 independent studies support our claims and many influential experts and practitioners place FOOD-GROWN® supplements as the most effective product of its kind. Then there are our customers and the clients of nutritional therapists who use our products because they feel and recognise the difference that FOOD-GROWN® supplements make to their health.
Food-Grown® Vitamin D - Wild Nutrition
"We are the UK’s original maker of FOOD-GROWN® supplements and we're convinced that our approach to supplementation - that places greater emphasis on how nutrients are delivered into your system - is the best. While the market is flooded with high-dosage tablets of compacted white powders, FOOD-GROWN® supplements are made using a unique process in which we add and grow essential nutrients in real, raw food - which means that your body absorbs the nutrients just as they would a piece of fruit or vegetable."
- ngredients: Vitamin enhanced yeast providing; Vitamin D3. Vegetable Cellulose (capsule shell).
- Free from: Excipients, wheat, gluten-containing ingredients, soya, milk products, artificial colours, flavourings & preservatives. Contains no live yeast at time of manufacture.
- Cautionary advice: If you are pregnant, breastfeeding, taking medication or under medical supervision, please consult your healthcare practitioner before taking any food supplement. Store in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight. Keep out of reach of children. Food supplements are not to be used as a substitute for a varied, balanced diet and healthy lifestyle.