This Glycolic Cleanser acts as an exfoliator without any physically abrasive additives or nasty non-naturally derived chemicals. This amazing product contains glycolic acid which is a naturally occurring natural substance derived from Sugar Cane!
WHAT IS GLUCOLIC ACID?
- Glycolic Acid is a naturally occurring natural substance derived from Sugar Cane.
- As an AHA Acid (Alpha Hydroxy Acid) It's structure means that it works on the surface layers of your skin; breaking down the bonds that hold dead skin cells together - in short it is the Holy Grail of exfoliation!
How does a Glycolic Cleanser Work?
- Glycolic Acid reacts with the sebum (natural oils) on the top layers of your skin, breaking down the oils and other substances that hold the cells together.
- As Glycolic Acid is made of tiny molecules, it is able to penetrate the skin deeply and easily.
- When the 'carrier' cleanser is washed off, dead skin cells are removed, revealing smoother, brighter, younger-looking skin.
Why Should You Use a Glycolic Cleanser?
- Glycolic Acid can be used in regular skincare routines, and even by sensitive skins, without causing any irritation.
- It brings rejuvenating benefits to your skincare routine, and it's botanical properties help treat skin conditions including psoriasis, Melasma and Seborrheic Keratosis.
- By removing dead skin cells it reveals brighter, smoother, fresher skin, and is often used to treat scarring, skin discolouration and signs of ageing.
- It also helps transfer water molecules from the air to skin tissue, replenishing any lost moisture, and studies have shown that regular use of Glycolic Acid skincare products assists with boosting collagen production, which is brilliant for plumping up the skin: collagen is a vital structural protein, helping the skin remain firm and resist wrinkling.
Who can use a Glycolic Cleanser?
Glycolic Acid is great for almost all skin types, even sensitive. It encourages exfoliation which means irritation can sometimes occur, and therefore those with particularly sensitive/reactive skin should avoid.
Things to Consider
- Your skin might need to get used to the treatments, so start off using the cleanser once/twice a week. Usage can then be increased accordingly.
- A slight stinging or warming sensation on the face is completely normal, so don't be alarmed if your face starts to tingle or is red after using - this will completely die down shortly afterwards.
- Use of other products containing Vitamin A, AHA's or taking Accutane (Acne Medicine) can cause reactions as the skin is already sensitised. Consult your doctor or dermatologist in this case.
- Use of Glycolic Acid or other chemical peel products can heightened skin sensitivity to the sun, so use sunscreen.
Lavender & Apricot Glycolic Cleanser 100ml - White Rabbit Skincare
ABOUT WHITE RABBIT SKINCARE
"White Rabbit Skincare is a luxury vegan skincare company, based in Scotland.
Our Founder, Melanie, is deeply passionate about natural products, the environment and animal welfare. Motivated by these values Melanie set up White Rabbit to provide consumers with a natural, vegan choice when it came to their skincare, in the hope of promoting a healthier, greener way of life.
We make all our products exclusively by hand in small batches to ensure freshness and quality. Harnessing the therapeutic aspect of essential oils, base oils, butters and waxes, each of our products help to nourish and nurture your skin."
HOW IT'S MADE
We never include animal-derived ingredients (such as beeswax), Parabens, SLS, Silicones, Mineral oils or derivatives of petrochemicals, artificial fragrances, artificial colours, or ingredients containing EDTA, or Phthalates, and none of our products or the ingredients used in them are tested on animals – or ever will be. Many of our products are preservative free, but in those products containing water, we are legally required to use a preservative for safety. The two types of preservatives we do use are broad spectrum, highest grade products which are used in low concentrations, and we always consider natural preservatives – such as Vitamin E – where possible.
Lavender Floral Water
Apricot Kernel Oil
Glyceryl Sterate & PEG 100
Glycolic Acid (3% concentration)
Sodium Benzoate & Potassium Sorbate
Dehydroacetic Acid & Benzyl Alcohol
Lavender Essential Oil
Geraniol, Citronellol, Farnesol, Linalool, Eugenol, Citral (Potential Allergens from Essential Oil)