Have you been searching high and low for a plastic free nail varnish? They don't seem to be 'thing' anywhere which is why I'm super happy to now be stocking Zao Bamboo top nail varnishes for more than just the obvious reason...
Not only does the bamboo lid cut down on a lot of plastic (the brush inside is still plastic) but this doesn't contain any toxic ingredients! Instead it will enrich your nails in silica which is made from bamboo oil and you can use without limitation!
Organic water-based nail polishes chip and flake very easily, so Zao has devised a nail polish that delivers the quality of traditional nail polishes but without the toxic chemicals, resulting in an effective and long-lasting nail polish that does not compromise your health.
THE BEST INGREDIENT
- Bamboo rhizome macerate: thanks to its high content of organic silica, the bamboo macerate helps to give strength to nails, making them more resistant to splitting and cracking.
WHY I LOVE ZAO
- Although this product is not completely plastic free, by switching the top to a bamboo lid it will reduce a lot of plastic from the overall product! They will one day soon be refillable too so you keep the brush and just replace the pot!
- No testing on animals, neither on the finished product nor on ingredients
- No animal-derived ingredients are used
- Size: 8ml
- Refillable: no
- Dibutylphthalate: Endocrine disruptor. Irritation of the eyes (lacrimation, conjunctivitis) and upperrespiratory tract (nasopharyngitis, bronchitis possible), if ingested or inhaled: headache, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, hematuria, dizziness, photophobia (sensitivity to light) and nephrotoxicity)
- Toluene: Neurotoxic. Its vapors may be irritating to the upper respiratory tract and eyes above 100 ppm. Following repeated or prolonged contact, this product has a degreasing effect on the skin. It can cause redness, peeling and cracking. Inhalation of vapors may cause central nervous system depression.
- Formaldehyde: Carcinogen. In 2004, IARC has classified formaldehyde as a carcinogen to humans (Group 1). In Europe, it is classified as "category 3 carcinogen" (possibly carcinogenic to humans), but after a more severe proposal of France, this classification is under review.
- Xylene: Irritating and nerve: This product causes mild eye irritation and moderate skin irritation. Inhalation of vapors may cause central nervous system depression. Exposure to vapors may cause irritation of the eyes and upper respiratory tract. Following repeated or prolonged contact, this product has a degreasing effect on the skin. It can cause redness, scaling and cracking.
- Colophony (rosin): Irritating / respiratory disorders: Several cases of skin sensitization are also reported. The cases are isolated but quite varied: beauticians who applied depilatory waxes containing rosin, as well as artists who reacted to their stage makeup.
- Synthetic Camphor: Irritation: eyes, upper respiratory tract if inhaled: decreased frequency of breathing, slow heart rate, worsened symptoms if inhaled in large doses.
Source: CSST - Toxicological directory service (http://www.reptox.csst.qc.ca/)
Light Nail Varnish - Zao Makeup
WHY I LOVE THIS
100% plastic free makeup that is certifed organic, vegan, cruelty free and doesn't contain synthetic chemicals is something we can only dream of. However Zao Makeup are ticking A LOT of those boxes and it's their range of refillable bamboo makeup has really got me (and all of you) VERY excited!
WHY? Because their range of bamboo and refillable makeup reduce A LOT of plastic waste in an area of our lives that has been impossible up until now! Even though their range is not 100% plastic free (due to heath & safety in the beauty industry) they are striving to find alternatives to plastic and fighting to change how the beauty industry work.
It is so important for me to support brands like Zao, who dispite the restrictions they are up against, they are doing everything they can possible do right now to reduce waste, fight against animal testing and harmful chemicals. Whilst achieving all of these things they are still fighting for change in the industry and I want to be a part of that!
Ingredients List (INCI): BUTYL ACETATE, ETHYL ACETATE, NITROCELLULOSE, PHTHALIC ANHYDRIDE, TRIMELLITIC ANHYDRIDE, GLYCOLS COPOLYMER, ACETYL TRIBUTYL CITRATE, ISOPROPYL ALCOHOL, STEARALKONIUM HECTORITE, PHYLLOSTACHIS BAMBUSOIDES RHIZOME EXTRACT, HELIANTHUS ANNUUS SEED OIL, CITRIC ACID. MAY CONTAIN (+/-): CALCIUM ALUMINUM BOROSILICATE, ISOPROPYL TITANIUM TRIISOSTEARATE, SYNTHETIC FLUOPHLOGOPITE, POLYETHYLENE TEREPHTHALATE, SILICA, CI 12085, CI 15850, CI 15880, CI 19140, CI 42090, CI 47005, CI 73360, CI 77000, CI 77007, CI 77019, CI 77266, CI 77491, CI 77499, CI 77510, CI 77742, CI 77861, CI 77891.
PRE ORDER ITEMS
1) ADD ITEMS TO YOUR BASKET
Fill up your basket with items that you would like to order. If it's a pre-order item then you will see this next to the colour or size option on the product and in your basket.
2) WANT IN STOCK ITEMS SENT ASAP?
If you wish for items in stock to be sent before your pre-order items arrive then please place SEPARATE orders.
If the orders are not placed separately I will only post when all items are in stock.
3) I PLACE ORDERS EVERY 2 WEEKS
will be placing orders every two weeks for pre-order items. This may vary a few days so please message me if you want to know when my next order date is.
As soon as your prder-order items arrive I will ship to you using whatever delivery method you chose!
You will get an email letting you know your items are on the way!