These lip glosses are refillable, just like the mascara so you can keep the outer bamboo case and just replace the middle. Please note the inner section is still plastic but as I can't see a liquid option that isn't plastic free right now I believe this is the best option as the inside case is recyclable unlike most on the market now. Plus the bamboo outer case cuts down on a lot of plastic being used as the 'main' outer of the product.
This Zao Lip Gloss offers you a natural or bright glossy finish! They are intensely moisturising ideal for dry, sensitive or chapped lips.
- 011 - Pink
- 012 - Nude
- 013 - Terracotta
- 014 - Antique Pink
- 015 - Glam Brown
- Organic castor oil (Ricinus communis (castor) seed oil): This oil is an emollient, softening skin. It is also moisturising via retention of water, facilitating smooth, plump and soft skin.
- Organic carnauba oil (Copernicia cerifera (carnauba) wax): Secreted by the leaves of a Brazilian palm tree, the wax protects skin by producing a continuous film that increases the durability of makeup.
- Jojoba oil (Hydrogenated jojoba oil): Calming and softening, this oil penetrates easily into the skin without a trace of grease. It protects the lips against dehydration.
Packaged in a unique, varnished bamboo case and attractively presented in a cotton pouch with drawstring, ZAO makeup is both a beautiful gift and an item to treasure.
This product, as with all ZAO products, is free from talc and parabens (synthetic preservatives), using instead micronised silver as an effective and non-toxic preservative. ZAO does not use nanoparticles in their products, with the micronised silver being larger than nanoparticle size, making ZAO products safe and free from toxic chemical preservatives.
Instructions for use: Apply the Lip gloss by smoothing it on gently with the sponge applicator.
ZAO MAKEUP CERTIFICATIONS
- Natural and Organic Cosmetic certified by ECOCERT Greenlife according to COSMOS standards with 100% of ingredients natural and minimum 58% organic
- NO testing on animals on finished products, nor on ingredients.
- Cruelty-free certification http://www.gocrueltyfree.org/shopper
- Vegan - NO ingredients from animal origin are used
- Suitable for sensitive eyes and contact lens wearers
Lip Gloss - Zao Makeup
100% plastic-free makeup that is certified organic, vegan, cruelty-free and doesn't contain synthetic chemicals is something we can only dream of. However, Zao Makeup are ticking A LOT of those boxes and it's their range of refillable bamboo makeup has really got me (and all of you) VERY excited!
WHY? Because their range of bamboo and refillable makeup reduce A LOT of plastic waste in an area of our lives that has been impossible up until now! Even though their range is not 100% plastic-free (due to health & safety in the beauty industry) they are striving to find alternatives to plastic and fighting to change how the beauty industry work.
It is so important for me to support brands like Zao, who despite the restrictions they are up against, they are doing everything they can possibly do right now to reduce waste, fight against animal testing and harmful chemicals. Whilst achieving all of these things they are still fighting for change in the industry and I want to be a part of that!