This Mineral Silk foundation is a true powder foundation and is completely refillable so you can keep your bamboo case to reduce waste! This mineral silk power is ideal to use instead of a liquid foundation for those days when you just want a light coverage.
What makes it original is its ease of use and adaptability because it is applied on top of a personal choice of moisturiser, it is suitable for all skin types. This matte foundation is talc-free, as are all Zao powders.
- 500 is invisible, making your skin look flawless without adding any shade to it
- 501 is a yellow-based Mineral Foundation Powder that suits those with fair complexions and neutral or yellow undertones to skin
- 502 suits those with a fair complexion and cool undertones
- 503 suits those with a medium complexion and warm undertones
- 504 suits those with a medium complexion and neutral undertones
- 505 suits those with darker complexions and a neutral or cool undertone
- 506 suits those with darker complexions and a warm undertone
- 507 is part of ZAO's Ethnic Collection for super fair skin, suiting those with a yellow-based undertone
- 508 is also part of ZAO's Ethnic Collection for super fair skin, suiting those with cool, ivory pink-based undertones
- 509 suits those with fair skin and a yellow undertone
- 510 suits those with medium skin with a golden/yellow undertone
MINERAL SILK POWDER FEATURES
- Coverage: light
- Beautiful bamboo casing and cotton pouch with drawstring (these are super handy for travelling)
- Refillable to reduce waste
- NO synthetic preservatives
Net weight: 15 gr
- Full ingredients in the tab below
MY FAVOURITE INGREDIENTS
- Micronised bamboo stem powder: Regenerates epidermis - A white substance extracted from the nodes of the bamboo. It is mainly composed of pure silica and has been widely used in oriental medicine. Organic silica, which is a component of connective tissue, is present throughout the human body and regenerates the epidermis as it is involved in the synthesis of collagen and elastin. Over time, our capital silica diminishes causing demineralisation and loss of skin elasticity. It is therefore necessary to regularly replenish the skin with transcutaneous supplies.
- Organic cocoa butter: Moisturises and protects - Cocoa butter protects the skin from aggressive external influences. It helps maintain moisture levels as it slows water loss from the skin by forming a barrier on the skin surface.
- Silver (CI77820 micronised silver powder): Natural preservative - These micro-particles of pure silver are antiseptic (especially on skin and mucous membranes) and antibacterial as well, thereby preserving the product and protecting the skin.
- Silica (organic silica): Toning and moisturising - The human body contains about seven grams of silica, far more than any other mineral including iron (and silica is the second component of the earth's crust with a 28% share after oxygen with 47%). An essential quality of silica is that it allows the body to efficiently absorb and assimilate minerals and vitamins. The connective tissue of the human body (cell wall) is composed of collagen and elastin. These molecules need silica, which, however, is no longer synthesised from an age of about twenty. An external supply is needed especially for the skin. For this reason, most of the products in the ZAO range contain organic silica.
ZAO MAKEUP CERTIFICATIONS
- Natural and Organic Cosmetic certified by ECOCERT Greenlife according to COSMOS standards with 100% of ingredients natural and minimum 10% organic
- NO testing on animals on finished products, nor on ingredients.
- Cruelty-free certification http://www.gocrueltyfree.org/shopper
- Vegan - NO ingredients from animal origin are used
- Suitable for sensitive eyes and contact lens wearers
Mineral Silk Powder - Zao Makeup
100% plastic-free makeup that is certified organic, vegan, cruelty-free and doesn't contain synthetic chemicals is something we can only dream of. However, Zao Makeup are ticking A LOT of those boxes and it's their range of refillable bamboo makeup has really got me (and all of you) VERY excited!
WHY? Because their range of bamboo and refillable makeup reduce A LOT of plastic waste in an area of our lives that has been impossible up until now! Even though their range is not 100% plastic-free (due to health & safety in the beauty industry) they are striving to find alternatives to plastic and fighting to change how the beauty industry work.
It is so important for me to support brands like Zao, who despite the restrictions they are up against, they are doing everything they can possibly do right now to reduce waste, fight against animal testing and harmful chemicals. Whilst achieving all of these things they are still fighting for change in the industry and I want to be a part of that!