**Please note size B is a pre-order item and is expected to arrive w/c 13th April so if you order this item please be aware that your entire order will only be dispatched when it arrives in stock.**
Introducing the Mooncup Menstrual Cup which has changed the time of the month for me forever! I can not recommend the Mooncup enough for so many reasons and I'm super excited to get as many women as possible changing over to such an amazing product!
WHY I LOVE THE MOONCUP
- It's SO comfortable: Made from soft, medical-grade silicone, it’s so comfortable you can’t feel it’s there. While tampons absorb 35% vaginal moisture, the Mooncup menstrual cup won’t dry you out or leave fibres behind.
- Convenient: Your Mooncup is always there, ready. No last minute dash to the shops, no stockpiling different absorbency pads or tampons. The Mooncup frees you from having to throw away used products or carry bulky spares (whether smuggled up your sleeve as you head to the toilet or taking up backpack space on your travels).
- Reliable: Holding 3 x more than a regular tampon, the Mooncup gives you longer lasting protection on heavier days. And because it’s non-absorbent, it won’t cause dryness when your period’s light.
- Money-saving: You only need one Mooncup® that pays for itself after 6-8 months – you’re then saving that monthly spend on sanitary protection.
- Gentle: Latex-free, hypoallergenic and containing no dyes, perfumes, BPA, phthalates, plastic, bleaches or toxins, the Mooncup menstrual cup is ideal if you have sensitive skin or allergies.
- More than just a product
WHY THE MOONCUP?
- Just one of use will use more than 11,000 disposable sanitary products in a lifetime.
- Every year, over 45 billion feminine hygiene products are disposed of globally.
- Ocean Conservancy volunteers collected 27,938 used tampons and applicators on our world’s beaches on a single day (International Coastal Cleanup, 2013).
- The Mooncup is reusable: you only need one.
- SIZE A: If you are 30 and over OR Have given birth vaginally whatever your age then choose SIZE A
- SIZE B: If you are under 30 & have not given birth vaginally then choose SIZE B
Mooncup Menstrual Cup
I LOVE my mooncup! I've been using it for about a year now and it's cut out SO much waste it's incredible!
You can’t feel it at all, there is no leaks and I feel great knowing I’m doing my part to help reduce waste on our planet!
I would urge all of my lady friends to give it a go and see what you think. The first day may be a bit intimidating but get through it and I gurantee you’ll love it and you will reduce your percentage of potential risk with tampons and pads!
Toxic Shock Syndrome (TSS) affects both men and women. By adulthood most people will have immunity to this bacteria, however, some will not, and there is no way of telling who is immune and who isn’t.
TSS has been associated with individuals who have recently had surgery, soft tissue and bone infections, and insect bites, as well as people who have menstruated, used intra-uterine contraceptive devices, and used intra-vaginal contraceptive devices, menstrual cups and tampons.
Menstrual Toxic Shock Syndrome is a rare though serious and sometimes fatal disease caused by toxin-producing strains of the staphylococcus aureus bacterium. If you experience the TSS symptoms below while using the Mooncup menstrual cup, take it out and seek medical advice immediately.
We recommend you follow these steps to reduce your risk of developing TSS:
- Do not use any internal vaginal devices, including the Mooncup, if you have been previously diagnosed with TSS
- Clean your Mooncup thoroughly before using it for the first time, as described in the Usage Guide
- Remove, wash and reinsert your Mooncup at least every 4-8 hours during your period. This means that you will need to do this at least 3 times in 24 hours
- Wash your hands before and after handling your Mooncup