These VEGAN Omega 3 capsules are literally AMAZING! They are plastic free, don't contain any animal products and come in the cutest glass jar with a cork lid which you can re-use for spices or anything you like in your kitchen when you're done!
Made from highly nutritious and sustainable algae oil, these Omega 3 softgels are packed with 200mg docosahexaenoic acid (DHA).
What are the benefits of Omega 3?
These Algae omega 3 capsules are vegan and vegetarian-friendly and contain docosaheaenoic acid (DHA), which is only present in marine-based life forms. As a vegetarian, you may be getting a lot of alpha-Linolenic acid (ALA), which is great for hair and nails - but lacking in DHA, which is for mood, brain, eye and heart health.
Omega 3 DHA has been shown to have a profound effect on mood, not to mention eye, brain and heart health!
MY FAVE FEATURES
- Perfect for vegans, vegetarians, or those following a plant-based or compassionate diet.
- Throughout pregnancy to obtain DHA benefits without the risk of mercury poisoning.
- Young children, to obtain the developmental benefits of Omega 3.
- Those that are concerned with the environmental issue of overfishing yet still want the health benefits of Omega 3.
HOW ARE THEY MADE?
Nothing Fishy (the brand) grow our own algae in purified pools of seawater. This means they can control the entire process to ensure the purity, plus they don't damage any delicate ocean ecosystems
Organically grown, is not genetically modified and is 100% plant-based.
200mg DHA in each capsule.
Free from harmful toxic metals (that can be found in fish oils).
100% vegan and vegetarian-friendly
Renewable plant resource.
No fishy aftertaste.
HOW TO TAKE
Take 1-2 per day with food - any time of day is fine. Store at room temperature and away from direct sunlight.
DHA Algal Oil. 100% plant based vegetarian soft gel (potato starch, glycerol, sorbitol, euchema seaweed, mono & diglycerides of fatty acids, carnauba wax).
Nothing Fishy Vegan Omega 3 - x60
ALGAE VS FISH
There are a lot of reasons why getting omega 3 from fish is not only bad for the environment, but it's bad for us too...
- Heavy metals, PCBs (polychlorinated biphenyls) and other nasty stuff has been found at dangerous levels in fish oil. Unfortunately, lots of pollution in the ocean sometimes leaves the fish with harmful levels of poisonous compounds; levels of sea mercury have increased by 30% over the last 30 years alone. This mercury is almost impossible to remove from the fish when extracting the fish oil. Whether you're pregnant or you are just careful about what you eat, algae is the cleanest source of Omega 3 available.
Fish are a finite resource. Around 85% of global fish stocks are being over exploited. The growth of the Omega 3 market worldwide is a direct contributor to both illegal fishing and overfishing. As with all ecological food chains, a lot of damage can be done to all species by removing large numbers of one species. Our algae is grown in a controlled environment in a sustainable way. It's therefore environmentally sustainable.
- These Algae omega 3 capsules are vegan and vegetarian-friendly and contain docosaheaenoic acid (DHA), which is only present in marine-based life forms. As a vegetarian, you may be getting a lot of alpha-Linolenic acid (ALA), which is great for hair and nails - but lacking in DHA, which is for mood, brain, eye and heart health.