Are you ready for the first ever coffee that's got a PLASTIC FREE coffee?! That's exactly what Percol have and I am SO excited to be stocking it at Plastic Freedom as it's not yet available in the plastic free bags at many supermarkets - I got some as a gift and haven't been able to find it since!
Percol have been ethical innovators since day one and they are now leading the way being the UK’s first coffee company to go plastic-free. But it doesn’t stop there. They're Carbon-neutral certified, so they’re not causing a negative impact on our planet - how amazing is that!
ABOUT THE GUATEMALAN 4 BLEND
- 100% Fairtrade certified
- 100% Guatemalan Arabica beans
- Notes of dark chocolate and caramel
- Strength 4
WHY I LOVE PERCOL
- The first coffee to have the PLASTIC FREE logo on the bag
- Coffee on a mission
- Plastic free
- Company - First Climate Certified
- This coffee is organic, picked by hand, and freshly roasted in the UK
WHY GO PLASTIC FREE?
Coffee packs used by the coffee industry are made from mutli-layer barrier laminates that can’t be recycled, so sadly they’ll all end up being incinerated or will remain in landfills or ecosystems for hundreds of years. This amounts to over 100 million coffee packs in the UK alone each year! Our home compostable packaging can be returned back to nature after use, to be used as a soil improver. It is made from renewable resources, reducing the reliance on petrochemicals.
Our home compostable packaging is made from a blend of compostable polymers, derived from a range of natural products such as paper, plant fibres and eucalyptus wood pulp.
You can find out ALL the info about Percol packaging here!
Percol Guatemalan 4 Ground Coffee 200g - Plastic Free
We’ve been ethical innovators since day one. Now we’re leading the way again, as the UK’s first coffee company to go plastic-free. But it doesn’t stop there. We’re also Carbon-neutral certified, so we’re not causing a negative impact on our planet. This is crafting coffee with a conscience.
- Fairtrade guarantees the farmers a fair price, decent working conditions, and adequate training
- The Soil Association ensures our beans are grown using eco-friendly practices and without chemical fertilizers
- The Rainforest Alliance teaches farmers how to protect biodiversity and natural resources, helping them to grow high quality and sustainable crops
The very first Plastic-Free Trustmark from A Plastic Planet. This certifies packaging which is free of conventional plastic derived from fossil fuels.
Our company is Carbon-neutral certified, meaning we offset our emissions at every stage of our supply chain, from farm to factory to shelf.