This refillable palette from Zao Makeup is perfect for mixing and matching your favourite colours in a bamboo compact! You can remove the empty case when finished and refill with any rectangle eye shadow refill from Zao makeup which comes in a paper case!
- Flower - features Pink Sunshine 125, a refreshing rose gold shade that shimmers, paired with Intense Khaki 123 to add intensity to your look. This duo suits those with cool or neutral undertones.
- Bird - features Golden Petal 126, a shimmering peach nude shade that makes eyes pop with a contrasting Peacock Blue 127 shade with soft golden reflections. This duo suits those with warm or neutral undertones.
HOW TO REFILL?
To refill the eyeshadow there is a tiny hole on the back which you can use the back of an earing (or something similar) to pop out the compact and replace with any eyeshadow you like!
PEARLY EYESHADOW FEATURES
- Beautiful bamboo casing and cotton pouch with drawstring (these are super handy for travelling too!)
- Refillable to reduce waste
- NO synthetic preservatives
- Net weight: 3g
- Full ingredients in the tab below
MY FAVOURITE INGREDIENTS
- Micronised bamboo stem powder: Regenerate epidermis - A white substance extracted from the nodes of the bamboo. It is mainly composed of pure silica and has been widely used in oriental medicine. Organic silica, which is a component of connective tissue, is present throughout the human body and regenerates the epidermis as it is involved in the synthesis of collagen and elastin. Over time, our capital silica diminishes causing demineralisation and loss of skin elasticity. It is therefore necessary to regularly replenish the skin with transcutaneous supplies.
- Organic macadamia seed oil: Moisturising and softening - This is an oil rich in essential fatty acids that also contains omega 3 and 6. It has a moisturising, softening and emollient action, which creates a soft touch and helps fight against free radicals.
Silver (CI77820 micronised silver powder): Natural preservative - These micro-particles of pure silver are antiseptic (especially on skin and mucous membranes) and antibacterial as well, thereby preserving the product and protecting the skin. Micro silver is often used in creams to treat burns. Almost all products in the ZAO range (except the two lip balms) contain micro-particles of pure silver (a natural preservative).
ZAO MAKEUP CERTIFICATIONS
- Natural and Organic Cosmetic certified by ECOCERT Greenlife according to COSMOS standards with 100% of ingredients natural and minimum 10% organic
- NO testing on animals on finished products, nor on ingredients.
- Cruelty-free certification http://www.gocrueltyfree.org/shopper
- Vegan - NO ingredients from animal origin are used
- Suitable for sensitive eyes and contact lens wearers
REFILLABLE Zao 'Secret Garden' Refillable Eyeshadow Duo
Ingredients list: MICA,SQUALANE,ORYZA SATIVA (RICE) POWDER*, ZEA MAYS (CORN) STARCH*,ZINC STEARATE, OLIVE OIL DECYL ESTERS**, PARFUM (FRAGRANCE), TOCOPHEROL,SQUALENE, LINUM USITATISSIMUM (LINSEED) SEED OIL*, GLYCINE SOJA (SOYBEAN) OIL*,ALPHA-GLUCAN OLIGOSACCHARIDE,AQUA (WATER), OLEA EUROPAEA (OLIVE) LEAF EXTRACT, MALTODEXTRIN, OLEA EUROPAEA (OLIVE) EXTRACT, ALCOHOL, BAMBUSA ARUNDINACEA STEM POWDER, BISABOLOL, ZINGIBER OFFICINALE (GINGER) ROOT EXTRACT, CI77820 (SILVER). MAY CONTAIN +/-: CI77891 (TITANIUMDIOXIDE), CI77491 (IRONOXIDES), CI77492 (IRONOXIDES), CI77499 (IRONOXIDES), CI77510 (FERRICFERROCYANIDE), CI77007 (ULTRAMARINES), CI77288 (CHROMIUM OXIDE GREEN), CI77742 (MANGANESE VIOLET).
100% plastic-free makeup that is certified organic, vegan, cruelty-free and doesn't contain synthetic chemicals is something we can only dream of. However, Zao Makeup are ticking A LOT of those boxes and it's their range of refillable bamboo makeup has really got me (and all of you) VERY excited!
WHY? Because their range of bamboo and refillable makeup reduce A LOT of plastic waste in an area of our lives that has been impossible up until now! Even though their range is not 100% plastic-free (due to health & safety in the beauty industry) they are striving to find alternatives to plastic and fighting to change how the beauty industry work.
It is so important for me to support brands like Zao, who despite the restrictions they are up against, they are doing everything they can possibly do right now to reduce waste, fight against animal testing and harmful chemicals. Whilst achieving all of these things they are still fighting for change in the industry and I want to be a part of that!